IBES Consensus data
Posted: 12 May 2016 07:49 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2016-05-12

Hello everyone,

I’m trying to download a dataset from IBES, (I have access through my university wrds database (a renewable one-day pass)). However it seems impossible to download consensus data for the Dutch AEX market stocks.
I have tried every Code possible but no succes. Does anyone know whether there is some kind of special code I need to use?

I did try to download recommendation data for stocks like Google, which does work.
But when trying for Dutch stocks I get the message: No output available

I hope someone can help me out.

Posted: 12 May 2016 12:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2011-09-19

IBES has different datasets for US vs non-US firms. When you are searching for Dutch firms, are you using the international dataset?

Best Regards,

Joost

Signature 

To reply/post new questions: Please use the group WRDS/SAS on Google Groups! http://groups.google.com/d/forum/wrdssas

Posted: 12 May 2016 01:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2016-05-12
Joost Impink - 12 May 2016 12:45 PM

IBES has different datasets for US vs non-US firms. When you are searching for Dutch firms, are you using the international dataset?

Best Regards,

Joost

Thanks for the reply!

I’ve tried ‘‘International’’ and ‘‘Both’’ however it didn’t work. I am starting to find some firms, however their CUSIP’s start with EN, which I guess should mean it’s an English firm?
And is there anyway after downloading the recommendation to check whether I have the right firm?

Posted: 12 May 2016 07:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-19

hi,

In the web interface, click ‘code lookup’ (Example: IBM MSFT DELL [ Code Lookup ] ).

One of the columns is IBES ticker. You can also select company name to get that in the output so you can be pretty sure you have the right firm.

I just tried searching for ‘Ahold’, and apparently there are 2 different IBES tickers: @HTE and AHLD; when I search for both I get results for @HTE.

Hope this helps,

Joost

Signature 

To reply/post new questions: Please use the group WRDS/SAS on Google Groups! http://groups.google.com/d/forum/wrdssas

Posted: 12 May 2016 09:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2016-05-12
Joost Impink - 12 May 2016 07:54 PM

hi,

In the web interface, click ‘code lookup’ (Example: IBM MSFT DELL [ Code Lookup ] ).

One of the columns is IBES ticker. You can also select company name to get that in the output so you can be pretty sure you have the right firm.

I just tried searching for ‘Ahold’, and apparently there are 2 different IBES tickers: @HTE and AHLD; when I search for both I get results for @HTE.

Hope this helps,

Joost

Thanks for the help, I’m finally starting to figure it out.

Posted: 13 May 2016 04:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-19

Excellent! smile

Signature