price targets and detailed estimates
Posted: 07 March 2015 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2015-03-07

The price target file and the detailed history file seem to have different variables identifying the person/entity making the estimate.  What variable should we be using to link the two databases?  My best guess is analys on the detail file matching to amaskcd on the price target file, but I wasn’t sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted: 07 March 2015 02:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2011-09-19

hi,

I’m surprised to see analyst name and broker by name in the price target file (I thought IBES had stripped this kind of info). Did you try matching on analys - amaskcd? (I haven’t used the price target table before.)  Looking at the tables I don’t see alternative ways to match them.

best regards,

Joost

Signature 

To reply/post new questions: Please use the group WRDS/SAS on Google Groups! http://groups.google.com/d/forum/wrdssas

Posted: 08 March 2015 09:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2015-03-07
Joost Impink - 07 March 2015 02:23 PM

hi,

I’m surprised to see analyst name and broker by name in the price target file (I thought IBES had stripped this kind of info). Did you try matching on analys - amaskcd? (I haven’t used the price target table before.)  Looking at the tables I don’t see alternative ways to match them.

best regards,

Joost

I agree - the analys-amaskcd match seems the only way to do it, and it does yield a lot of matches.  I just wish WRDS was more explicit about the match.

Posted: 09 March 2015 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2011-09-19

hi Hcn98,

Ok, sounds good—thanks for following up!

best regards,

Joost

Signature 

To reply/post new questions: Please use the group WRDS/SAS on Google Groups! http://groups.google.com/d/forum/wrdssas