Need PERL programer
Posted: 12 May 2012 01:30 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-05-08

I am a student and am working on a project where I have to download the 10-K for US firms from 1998 to 2010, extract MD&A, and if possible, highlight the paragraph where there is management forecast. I know that PERL can download 10-K and extract MD&A. I am, however, not sure if PERL can highlight a particular paragraph from MD&A. I am not good with PERL and so I am looking for an individual who can do it for me. If anyone knows any PERL programmer, I would appreciate if they share the contact information of that person. If anyone of you can do it yourself, please let me know your estimated cost for the assignment and approximate time to complete the assignment.

Thank you.

Posted: 12 May 2012 04:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  901
Joined  2011-09-19

hi,

I hope you will find possible Perl programmers through this website.
It may be an option to look into the availability of text-processing software that will do the ‘dirty work’ for you.

Hope this helps,

Joost

Signature 

To reply/post new questions: Please use the group WRDS/SAS on Google Groups! http://groups.google.com/d/forum/wrdssas

Posted: 11 January 2013 02:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2013-01-08

I have a lot of experience with XML parsing and processing using Perl. For example, most of this web site is generated from a growing set of XML files using the XML::Twig module. In order to speed up this process I am currently working on a solution using XML::Parser in combination with several modules I have written. Quite a number of Perl projects I have done were centered around fast data processing using well thought out algorithms.

Signature 

make money online
Faschingskostüm
Karneval Kostüme

‹‹ Thanks for the Perl example      perl version ››